Please feel free to ask me anything! 😉 I really do mean ANYTHING!~ xD
(this place might end up being a random info dump location…)
My email for this site is email@example.com, contact for any inquiries or to tell me about how great bears are!
- BearBear was watching this…let’s just call it documentary and it talked about forbidden love in Chinese history, what piqued my interest was the love story between Gao Yang Princess and a monk.
- The documentary had a bunch of flashy pictures, one of them was super pretty so I went and Googled the two, found a crappy picture and decided Google image search it to find one that was of better quality.
- I got distracted by all the other pretty pictures that also turned up along with the search, clicked into one of them and found Shushengbar.
- I was super surprised that this was actually people who were eagerly trying to read Chinese novels, since I never saw or knew there was a market for them. I eagerly “signed up” and started translating. I have to admit, my passion lies in translation more than the novels.
- Bearbear likes bears, a lot! A LOT!
- Bearbear is Canadian, lives Toronto, making her a polar bear, but she’s secretly a panda 😀
- Bearbear has taught both Chinese and English before.
- Bearbear speaks Mandarin, Cantonese and English. Knows how to say a few sentences in French and Spanish form school. Can read a little bit of hiragana.
- Bearbear’s birthday is on October 1st, Bearbeartranslations’ birthday (previously Bearbearcnovel) is on February 9th 2015. Wish us a happy birthday if you remember 🙂
- Bearbear likes old things, she also doesn’t get SUPER into a lot of things, except for maybe bears and translation.
- Bearbear is very picky about reading books, very VERY picky. Which is why it’s hard for her to find a good book she likes.
- Bearbear likes to cook and bake. She’s good with Japanese dishes but can do Chinese, “Western” and Korean as well. She likes to think her steaks are pretty good.
- Bearbear’s Siri always address Bearbear by saying “Your Highness I am Unworthy” because of reasons.
- Bearbear drinks green tea, pomegranate tea, passion fruit tea. Does not like Chai tea, doesn’t like to drink coffee. Does not understand the crazed obsession people have with Starbucks.
- Bearbear doesn’t drink.
- What’s bearbear’s poison? Chatime’s taro milk tea is made with real taro, that’s my poison.
- Bearbear HATES HATES HATES HATES MATH! I also don’t know how to do math. NOPE!
- Bearbear LOVES Tom Hiddleston and his voice, yup, even more than Benedict Cumberbatch’s. I have the app in which Tom reads poetry, as well as The Red Necklace, that audiobook he recorded. ❤ He’s wonderful isn’t he?
- Bearbear’s not really that into Korean Drama and Kpop, but did watch the insanely popular ones like My Lover From Another Star, and The Heirs, even though she didn’t finish any of the Korean Dramas she started.
- I think 霍建华 or Wallace Huo’s face is flawless and beautiful, but that’s speaking from a completely superficial perspective xD I’m still pretty selective on which if his dramas I watch. But he’s his face is indescribably alluring. >~<
- I have a crush on 何晟铭 even more so than 冯绍峰, because Micky He’s voice is so beautiful and he can write really pretty calligraphy >~< so I like him a lot. His acting’s also out of this world >~<. I’m going to slowly watch his dramas. ❤ him so much!
- Bearbear is a perfectionist and has certain compulsive tendencies. Did you know I edit all my translations at least 4 times for each chapter? I’m kind of a perfectionist, if I want to do something it has to be perfect, or at least perfect to me.